Monday, May 20, 2013

M.A.C Cremesheen Glass in Loud & Lovely: Review & Swatches

Today's post is a  favorite lipgloss post. It is the M.A.C. Cremesheen Glass in the colour Loud & Lovely 




Smell

This is by far the best smelling lip product I have. It smells almost chocolate-y and sweet and desert-like. Do I smell pavlova? Yummers!! I used to hate food/fruit smelling lip product and would always opt for the non-fragranced one but somehow I have to make an exception for this one. If you dont want to buy this lipgloss, at least just go to the M.A.C store and smell this. It will definitely make you go 'Ahhh~'.


Packaging


Packaging wise, there is nothing special about this packaging. Just a normal lipgloss packaging. I do love how it has a transparent tube where you can see the product inside. I can tell what colour Im grabbing and also I can tell how much product I have left. For this one, I know I have more or less half gloss left.

See? I can see lacuna there :p


The doe-foot applicator helps apply the gloss beautifully on the lips and the opening of the tube is just nice so as to avoid spillage on the side once I want to close the cap.


Product

Off the tube, the colour might scare some people off because it looks bright and vibrant. Let me tell you, this  deep pink-berry colour is so beautiful on the lips. On my lips, this colour helps to brighten up my skin, somehow making me look fairer, if that makes sense.

The gloss is also very pigmented and great to be worn on its own if you dont want to layer many products on your lips to get a pretty pigmented colour. 

Here is a swatch on my hand:

How it looks on my lips:
(excuse my terrible skin condition on my chin)

This gloss doesnt feel sticky on the lips. The consistency is just nice; not too thick nor too runny. It also applies beautifully. 

As many other lipglosses, this one is no exception whereas it is not long wearing. If I dont eat nor drink, the gloss remains fine on my lips. Over time, it does loses its shine and left a berry colour on my lips from my constant talking and pursing my lips. Not a stain though. Reapplying is a joy for me actually with this gloss, because I can smell the yummy gloss again.

The overall:

Pros:
Smells good
Beautiful colour
Not sticky

Cons:
Not long wearing

Rate:
9/10

I will definitely repurchase this because the colour is beautiful and I love the smell.



No comments:

Post a Comment