Monday, May 13, 2013

Lancome L'absolu Rouge Lipstick in No. 380

This lipstick really started my make up fascination, lip products for the most part. It is the Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick in No. 380. After purchasing this lippy, slowly I start buying more lip products. Because I think putting on a colour to your lips instantly makes your face look awake.


The thing I love the most about this lipstick is the packaging. I love how it has a magnetic closure on the cap. So I can throw this lipstick into my handbag and not have to worry about its cap coming off swimming helplessly in my handbag and invite unwanted dirt on my lipstick.



See how the label almost completely rubbed off? That is how I trust this lipstick to be in my handbag and the rough journey it has gone through in there. Rocky road I tell you.


Other than that, its black packaging looks very sleek and elegant with its signature rose on top. Like a cherry on top! The golden tube on the inside also gives it a nice luxurious and vintage feel to it.


The colour I picked up is in the shade No. 380. I would describe it as a rose-y pink berry colour. The lipstick only has a numbering label and seeing that the label on my lipstick if almost rubbed off, it is a bit of a pain trying to figure out the name.

Here is a swatch on my hand:

I love this colour because I find it very flattering. On display, the colour doesnt immediately catches my eye. In fact, it was the SA who recommended me this colour. I was just floating around the counter waiting for a friend looking for her stuff when I started stalking the Lancome display. The SA was very nice to help swatch few colours on my hand and suggested this particular one for me. At first I wasnt interested because I wasnt planning on buying any make up that day, but the more I look at it, I thought it is a nice colour. So, hey hey!!


This lipstick has a creamy texture with a beautiful pigmentation. It gives neither matte nor glossy finish. Just the right amount of shine. It is very moisturizing, and being so,it doesnt last long on the lips and does fade after eating. It doesnt settle into the fine lines nor does it accentuate it. Reapplying after eating is needed, though not compulsory if you dont want too. Honestly I dont mind about this.

Some may overlook and puts SPF on the face only  but forgot the lips. Good thing this lipstick also has SPF 12. SPF any higher than that might brings unappealing scent to the lipstick. Speaking of scent, this lipstick does have a sweet scent to it but nothing too overpowering.

I love this lipstick as I think this is the perfect colour for me. If not because of the price, I would have gone and purchase few other shades from this line. As for now, I will stick to this one colour. See how much I love this lipstick I almost use this up.



The overall:

Pros
Nice pigmentation 
Moisturizing 
Has magnetic closure
Contains SPF 
Doest settle into fine lines

Cons
Not long lasting
Pricey

Will I repurchase: Until I find an exact dupe for this lipstick, yes!

I rate this lipstick 9 out of 10

2 comments: