Friday, April 26, 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: Review & Swatches

On my previous lips post, I did a review on the L'oreal Glossy Lip Stain. Today I have another duo product of lip stain to share with you. It is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.


I've used liquid lip stains before but never a balm-type lip stain. As liquid lip stain tends to feel dry on the lips, I wonder how this will feel like. I was hoping it would feel like putting on a lipbalm on or even putting on a normal lipstick but with the staying power of a lip stain. 

I am so happy that it reaches my expectation :)

It is very moisturizing once applied but does gives my lips that dry feeling after few but I have no problem applying lipbalm on top. Only reapply with lipbalm because the colour doesnt budge.


Packaging:

I love this type of packaging. It looks like a jumbo crayon. The mechanical packaging is very convenient. Simply twist up for more products by twisting the silver part at the bottom and retract the same way. No sharpening needed.

Left: Honey
Right: Romantic

The swatch:

Left: Romantic
Right: Honey

The colour that I have is Honey and Romantic.

Romantic looks very dark deep red on the packaging but it is sheer when applied. I love this colour. It doesnt give you that full on red colour that you see in the tube when applied on the lips. It deposited a nice orange toned red colour. I have no complaints on this as full on red colour intimidates me.


Wearing Romantic

Honey is a neutral plum-ish pink colour that is beautiful for everyday wear.

Wearing Honey
(Somehow in picture, it looks nude-ish pink. In real life, it looks a bit plum-y pink)

This product has a minty scent to it which is a bit bothersome to me. The scent is not appealing as I'm not a fan of mint scent. Kind of felt like I was rubbing breath mints on my lips.

 This product was sold at RM33 when it was first released but Watsons always have discounts after few months.

Just for fun comparison, I have below swatches of Romantic and L'oreal Glossy Stain in Princess.

Left: Revlon's Romantic
Right: L'Oreal's Princess

The colour look similar but different in texture. So, if you prefer a glossy finish, you might want to try L'Oreal's, but it may be tricky to apply on the go. If you want something friendlier to use without a mirror, Revlon's would be your pick.


The Overalls:

Pros:
Affordable
Long staying power
No sharpening needed

Cons:
Minty scent (to others, this might not be a problem)
Bright colour do accentuate dry lips
Not too moisturizing

Rate: 
8/10

I might repurchase this again in the same colour. Other colours in this line are not that appealing to me.

Have you tried these? Which is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment