Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Nivea Pure & Natural: Facial Cleansing Wipes and Lipbalm

If a product is said that it is approved by Kate Middleton, would you go and buy it?

I did :p

The Nivea Pure & Natural range was released end of last year here and was anticipated by many due to reports that Kate Middleton was spotted buying this range in UK. I think many wanted to use the same product as her. Who doesnt want to look as beautiful as the lady who will soon become Queen.

The Pure & Natural range is supposed to make you feel closer to nature because it is claimed to contain 95% of the ingredients are from natural origins. They marketed this range as free from parabens, silicones, mineral oils and alcohol. More information can be found here. 



This range consists of products for facial care, lips, body lotion and deodorant. When this range was released here, I had this should-I-or-should-I not-buy dilemma. I went in and out of Watsons and Guardian quite a few times because I contemplated buying from this range. It looks very inviting, I love products promoting natural ingredients, Kate Middleton buys it but I still have a long way to go on my current skincare products and Im refusing to buy any skincare products unless I'm almost out of them or if I didnt like them. 

That being said, I settle myself with the 2 items I would actually use together with with what I already am using. The two are: facial cleansing wipes and lipbalm. 



Nivea Pure & Natural Facial Cleansing Wipes



Cleansing wipes is not a staple in my facial routine but I use it whenever I feel like having an extra step in my cleansing routine. Or if I just want to freshen up. Adding this to my facial cleansing routine, I would wipe my face first with cleansing wipes before stepping into the shower and wash my face with my facial cleanser. 

What I like about this facial wipes is that it has the right amount of moist-ness to it. It isnt too dry nor it is too wet. I love that it doesnt leave sticky uncomfortable residue on the skin after using so there is no need to rinse afterwards. You can rinse if want to.

The wipe feels gentle and have a nice scent. Some facial wipes left my skin feeling very dry and uncomfortable. This however left my skin feeling nice and it doesnt break me out after using. 



It is RM19.90 if I can recall correctly.

This is what marketed by the company:

  • Effectively & gently cleansing the skin, while maintaining its natural balance
  • Removes make-up for a refreshed skin feeling
  • Tone & provide skin with intensive moisture
  • Combines Organic Aloe Vera & Organic Argan Oil
  • 95% of ingredients are from natural origins.



Nivea Pure & Natural , Camomile & Calendula Lipbalm


When I opened the tube, I was like 'Err..'. Because it is green. I took a sniff and and it smelt herbally so I was like "Hmmm.." I then applied in on my lips and went 'Ahh.."



Dont worry, this is a sheer colour-less lipbalm. No green colour will be painted on your lips. 


I always love Nivea lipbalms and this is no exception. This is a lovely balm. It isnt too soft nor too hard. It doesnt make my lips sticky. It is easy to apply and deposited just the right amount of balm on my lips without the need to put extra pressure when applying. This lipbalm has been a handbag staple for a while now. The price is RM8.90 if I can recall.

However, is it really as natural as they marketed. I looked at the list of ingredients at the back of the packaging and see what I think are oils and alcohols.

(Ingredients at the back of the cleansing wipes packaging)

Im no expert in all these ingredients but when a product is said to be of natural origins, I dont expect to see too many ingredients with named ending with '-ol'. When a product is marketed to be 95% of natural origins, I expect to see more plant extract and less '-ol' ingredients.

The overalls:

I'd rate these 2 products 7 out of 10. If it weren't for the misleading ingredients, it would have received a 9 from me.

Pros:
Affordable
Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin

Cons:
Not as natural as they claimed

Will I repurchase and try other products from this range? Yes. I think I will try the Moisturizing Day Cream next when Im out of my current one. 

Have you tried anything from this line? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment