Tuesday, April 30, 2013

L'Oreal Base Magique Primer: Review & Swatches

If you have oily skin or large pores, primer should be your bestfriend. It can do wonders to your make up in the simplest way. I have the L'Oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer to share with you today. 



Packaging

This comes in a small 15ml glass jar. Some may have issue with this type of packaging for hygiene reason because you have to dip your finger in it. I personally have no problem with it at all. Make sure you clean your hands first before prepping your face and you are fine. There will be hygiene problem if you dont wash your hands first.


The product

The primer is a pale pink colour and has a velvet texture and feel to it. Upon use, I can immediately feel my skin is more smooth with less visible pores. 


Here a swatch on my hand

Bare skin

With primer. As you can see, the lines on my skin is blurred.

I dont use it all over my face. Only a small amount is needed. I rub the primer between my fingers before applying on my face to warm it up. I will only apply it  on my cheeks near my nose where my pores are larger and on my T-zone where it gets oily easier. After that, I will wear foundation/BB cream as usual and my make up, stays on longer and my face doesnt get oily easily. Application of foundation also becomes easier. However since the consistency is a bit thick, I find it tricky to apply.





That was just me fooling around showing different ways to hold it in my hand..Hehe :p

The overalls:

Pros:
Works wonders on oily skin
Make up stays on longer

Cons:
Tricky to apply
Packaging might not appeal to everyone where you have to dip your finger in

Rate:
7.5/10

Do you use primer or do you skip it?

No comments:

Post a Comment