Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lipbalms Collection

 I'm not a make up junkie but i love make ups. I'm a lip product collector not reaching the addict level (yet). Of the make up things i buy, i have lip products the most. So, whenever i went into Watsons or Sephora, the first thing that catches my eyes are lip products. 

For today's post, i thought i'd share the first category of lip products: lipbalms. Both no colour and tinted lip balms.


I have 4 tinted lipbalms and 4 of the no colour lipbalms. I'd say a pretty normal amount, dont u think? :)

1. Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm, 2.Nivea Essential Care Lipbalm, 3. Maybelline Babylips Lipbalm in Smoothing Cherry, 4. Maybelline Babylips Lipbalm in Mango Pie

Of the four, my favourite is the Maybelline Babylips Lipbalm in Mango Pie. It has the right texture, not too oily, has a soft mango scent which i like and very moisturizing. It is also long lasting so i dont have to keep on reapplying throughout the day. The Smoothing Cherry however feels bit oily on my lips. It does last long however. If i put it on my lips at night before i go to sleep, my lips feels very soft when i wake up the next morning.

The Nivea one i keep it as one of my office essentials kit. It has a sweet berry scent but not too overwhelming, feels light on my lips but not as long lasting as the Babylips.

I love Smith's Strawberry Lipbalm. The strawberry scent smells real and not like the artificial strawberry smells. In the pot, it feels heavy and thick in a way that I have to swirl my fingers many times to pick up the product but on the lips it feels moisturizing and light. However im not that a big fan of the packaging.


Secondly, my tinted lipbalms:

(L-R) 1. Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait, 2. RLB in Cherry Tart, 3. RLB in Strawberry Shortcake, 4. Dior Addict Lipbalm in Crystal Pink (002)



Now, the swatches:

 (top to bottom): RLB in Peach Parfait, RLB in Cherry Tart,  RLB in Strawberry Shortcake, Dior Addict Lipbalm in Crystal Pink (002)

Of all my tinted lipbalms, my favourite would have to be Dior. I might do a separate review on these tinted lipbalms (though i know these are not new products in the market) so i wont go into detail on it now. In short, Dior is the most moisturizing of the four and has the right colour, and i tend to wear these tinted lipbalms more compared to lipstick and ligloss because I can easily have colour on my lips and moisturize it at the same time with one item, especially on the go.  

Until next post :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi!!

    I love make up too...
    but here in Brasil we have a big problem:
    these products are so expensive!!
    Now,we have a Sephora too, but the prices are differetns from the american Sephora!

    I'm visiting blogs from another countries because I want to know what's new around the world!!

    Can you visit and coment on my blog too?
    www.cosmacticos.com

    Sorry about the errors hahahaha
    my English isn't perfect but I try!!

    Kisses*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there..thanks for visiting :)I also love visiting blogs from other countries.
      Different Sephora in different countries have different pricing..and i think is because of tax and import/export fees. But do register yourself as a Sephora member for special offers :)

      Delete